I admit it: I like these junkie cookies! You know the ones; they're at the store and they have the bright frosting and colored sprinkles. They're made by Lofthouse and they are available year round and they are always decorated with "holiday" colored frosting. I don't know what it is about them that I like; I think it's how soft they are. That's usually the problem with cookies: they're too hard! But these little gems are cakey and not dry and just yummy. To me; they're yummy! I hate that I like them! This weekend, I have signed up to take cookies to a ballet event for my girl cherub. Because it's been just a wee bit crazy around my house, I decided to try a new recipe. Because that's what you do when your life feels like it's spinning faster than you can possibly control; you cook. And you cook new recipes. It's a weird sadistic trap I'm in! There are several recipes out there for these Lofthouse-ish cookies. I like this dough. I will probably keep it around. The only thing I didn't like is that the cookie didn't spread enough for my preference to make a "pretty canvas" for the bright frosting I'll be making. Who cares; they taste good! Lofthouse-ish Sugar Cookie 1/2 cup sour cream 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 1/2 tsp. vanilla 3 cups flour 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until everything is just incorporated. With a cookie scoop, scoop out even amount of dough and slightly flatten on the cookie sheet with your hand so it's in a circular shape. Bake more than 8-10 minutes. They may seem under done but they aren't. They may just be golden around the edge; but not more than that! Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting. Buttercream Frosting 4 cups powdered sugar 1 TBSP vanilla 2 TBSP milk 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup shortening frosting coloring colored sprinkles | |
|
Cream the butter and shortening in mixer, with paddle attachment on medium for about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time and beat until smooth, adding vanilla and milk as needed to create a smooth frosting. Tint with coloring, if desired. Mix the color in with the paddle attachment to distribute the color thoroughly.
Spread with a spatula or pipe frosting onto cooled cookie and decorate with colored sprinkles.
**This frosting makes an ample amount so you do not have to be stingy with the colored goodness! | |
"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Comments
Post a Comment