Skip to main content

Sheila's Alfredo Sauce







There are so many good thoughts running through my mind.

Pasta!

Fresh pasta!

Gluten free pasta!

YES!!  Five years of being gluten free and having marginal pasta, this was a win!

Thank you, Aldi!

While shopping at Aldi, I found a FRESH, GLUTEN FREE pasta!

Can you even believe it?

Me either!

I almost didn't care what it tasted like, I was just thrilled to be able to buy fresh pasta.

OK -- so I did care what it tasted like.  I kind of over-exaggerated that point.

The day Mr. and I were shopping, and I spied this -- I grabbed a few and texted my friend, Sheila.

Sheila is a great hostess.

 It was during a soirees that my girl cherub had Ms. Sheila's Alfredo sauce.

That was several years ago, but I remember my girl cherub raving about it.

As you know, I do not really care for pasta.

I mean, it's ok.

But the Mr. and two cherubs -- they L.O.V.E pasta.

The kind of love that never gets tired of having pasta as a meal option.

But as for me, I'm a "take it or leave it" pasta eater.

Unless it's good pasta.

And it takes a lot for me to give that credential away!

Since I had high hopes for the newly found fresh pasta,

I contacted Sheila and asked if she would share her recipe.

She willing texted her recipe to me.

When I say we were ALL happy at dinner,

I do mean ALL!


The pasta was so very yummy!

I do hope Aldi makes this a permanent addition to their refrigerated section.

PSA:  Even if you're not gluten free, I think you'd enjoy the pasta!  But if you have gluten free friends and it stresses you out to cook for them, go grab a package or two and stuff it in your freezer.  Next time you feel like hosting your high maintenance friends, pull this winner out and impress yourself and them!

So, not only am I not a huge pasta eater,

I am also not a huge Alfredo sauce eater.

Mainly because I don't care for the texture or taste of most sauces.

But this one!

Oh. My. Goodness!

It is so very yummy!

It's rich!  I'm not going to lie to you about that one.

But it throws together so easy, which I adore!

I added sliced grilled chicken to the mix and it was a home run!

By the way, I asked Sheila if it was OK to post her recipe to the blog.

She agreed.

You'll be most happy she did!

Sheila's Alfredo Sauce

4 TBSP butter
1 pint heavy cream
3 cloves garlic (Sheila uses whole, I minced the garlic)
2-3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
fresh cracked pepper

In a heavy skillet, over medium low heat, add the butter, heavy cream and the garlic.  Stir until the butter is melted.  Turn the heat to low and slowly add in the grated Parmesan cheese, in small batches, stirring until melted and well incorporated.  Continue to add, stir, and melt until all of the cheese has been added.  Season with a bit of fresh cracked black pepper.

Before stirring in the pasta, take out the garlic if you used the whole cloves.  Our family really likes garlic, so I minced the garlic and left it in the sauce.

While the sauce is being made, cook your desired amount of pasta.  Strain the pasta, reserving a bit of the starchy water.  Stir the hot pasta into the freshly  made Alfredo sauce and toss to coat.  If you desire for a bit of a thinner sauce, stir in a small amount of the starchy pasta water.

Note:  This makes a lot of sauce.  You might not think so as you're cooking, but it amply covered 9 oz package of fresh linguine pasta and 8 oz of chopped grilled chicken. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi