Skip to main content

Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes

My boy cherub has been apart of the Honor Guard at school this year.

This privilege is reserved for 6th graders.

He and his partner are responsible to lower the flag every day during their week.

They were trained by the local fire department honor guard as to how to do their task correctly as well as responsibly and reverently.

Today is their end of year party with pizza and drink.

Of course, moms were needed to provide dessert.

This mom didn't mind a bit to get the request yesterday . . .and run home before picking the kids up from school and delivering everybody to their after-school-activity, and whip up some cupcakes!

Oh no!  What fun that would be!

And not just plain cupcakes with plain frosting!

Oh no!  Let's try to do something we've never tried before!

Of course!  That would be the stressful way of creating the "oh, no big deal to send treats" kind of cupcake!

My cherub gets tired of chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

I made yummy vanilla cupcakes with white frosting .  . . .
 . . . .with the idea of making red, white, and blue "striped" frosting . . .
 . . . since it was for the Honor Guard kids!

So, these are the cupcakes I sent this morning with the cherub.

While he was walking to the car, I yelled out, "Please tell your friends these are NOT from Kroger . . .that your mom really did make these!"

From start to finish -- just under an hour; I wasn't even late picking the cherubs up from school!  Not bad for a first attempt at striped frosting!  Even if they look a little "store bought!"

How to stripe your frosting
  • Fit your piping bag with coupler and tip
  • With a small paint brush and using icing colorant (I use Americolor), paint stripes inside the bag -- from the point of the coupler, up the bag about 3/4 of the way
  • Carefully fill your bag with frosting, and gently squeeze the icing to begin flow
  • Frost as usual
  • **Since I was using 2 colors, I made 4 red stripes, equally spaced and then placed 4 blue stripes in between the red

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi