Skip to main content

Claude's Marinade

Image from the internet


I think this is my very favorite marinade right now!

I love it for it's deep flavor that makes the meat taste like it took hours to achieve the taste.

I've been using this marinade for several years,

but it wasn't until recently that I have become enamored with it.

As in, I use it all the time.

Lately, every piece of chicken gets dunked in this marinade.

Not dunked . . . soaked!

I've told you my marinade method:

come home from the grocery store and divide my meat into gallon ziplock bags based on what I'm going to be using it for.

Those things that need to be marinated, gets the marinade thrown in the bag right away,

then off to the freezer it goes.

My theory:  it marinates while it's going into a deep freeze

and it marinates more while it's thawing out!

It's a win-win situation for everyone!

Back to this marinade, I've always purchased a small, normal size bottle.

I use it on chicken, beef, and in beans.

The last time, however, that I was at the store, I noticed they sell it in a gallon sized container!


I was "marinade happy!"

So happy, that I created a sandwich spread for the marinated grilled chicken sandwich we ate!

I'll share that too!

If you're looking for a new marinade, try Claude's Brisket Marinade;

it's found on the aisle with the ketchup, bar-b-que, and other condiments.

Claude's Mustard Spread

A spoonful of mayonnaise
1 small squirt of mustard
1 tsp. Claude's brisket marinade
chopped green chilies (if you have them . . .I had them, so I used them)

Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until blended.

Spread on a toasted bun and top with grilled chicken (that's been marinated in Claude's!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Chicken and Artichoke Casserole

Picture from Cooking with Paula Deen ( . . .and aren't those cute dishes!) We first had this delicious casserole on Mother's Day while feasting at "Dining on Persimmon Hill," which is a restaurant at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, OK.  Side note --- if you have the chance to visit the Museum, please take advantage of the opportunity.  It is a wonderful experience!  And don't forget to eat at the museum restaurant.  It's delish! So back to the casserole.  After eating it we knew we had to find out the recipe!  The owner of the restaurant graciously shared her secret!  It's a Paula Deen; which means it's full of fat AND yummy flavor! This casserole is a hit with my cherubs and the Mr.  Also, whenever I make it for friends, they always want the recipe . . . maybe they're just being nice, I'm not sure!  When you look at the recipe, you might think it's a pain, but really, it is so easy!  Especial