What is "Piquant Sauce?"
I don't know!
All I know is this: growing up, whenever we had meatloaf, my mom made "piquant sauce" to put on top of it!
I never hear other people talk about their mom's "piquant sauce."
Think about it!
Do you ever hear,
- "OH! I only eat my mom's piquant sauce!"
- "OH! They have the BEST piquant sauce ever!"
- "Excuse me, do you have any piquant sauce?"
- "You could put some piquant sauce on that -- it'd be great!"
Do you eat piquant sauce?
Have you ever had piquant sauce?
Do you even know what piquant sauce is?
I looked it up!
As in, just today!
As in, just a few minutes ago!
Here are some of the things I found out about "piquant sauce."
- Piquant sauce is a style of cooking used for rabbit, duck, alligator, chicken and seafood
- A piquant sauce is a spicy sauce
- sharp in taste; exciting or interesting
We'll talk about that later! But for now, let me share with you what I know about "piquant sauce."
- I don't know 'nuthin' about cooking rabbit, duck or alligator! I'm only putting this on meatloaf!
- It is a bit spicy -- but not hot, just a little 'zingy!"
- It is a bit interesting too. I don't think I'd go "exciting" but I would say a little sharp in taste
Wait no more -- here's the recipe for . . .
3 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry ground mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
Mix all of the ingredients together and pour over the cooked meatloaf or serve along side the meatloaf . . . in case someone isn't up for the "sharp, interesting, and excitingly spicy sauce!"