Skip to main content

"Sin"amon Cake

This is NOT my picture!  Our cake didn't last long enough to grab the camera!
That's what we call this new cake!

"Sin"amon Cake!

The cherubs say it's "sin in a bowl!"

My girl cherub says "Jesus can come back now!"

My boy cherubs says "Pure Sin!"

I don't know HOW they come up with these things?

The Mr. says, "This cake is so light, you could eat the whole thing!" 
(Please notice, he didn't say anything spiritual!)

The other day, in the office, the Mr. saw this recipe and picture and said, "Oh!  Send that to Karen; she'd want that recipe!"

Translated:  "I think Karen needs to whip that dessert up  .  . . and in a hurry!"

So the Mr. talked about how good this recipe sounded and how good the picture looked . . .

 . . .for days!

He got on "pinterest" to show me . . .

 . . .and he talked about it . . .

 . . . and he secretely drooled!

Then!
Surprise!

I made it!

Oh my!  It's ridiculous!

Don't be scared by the length recipe -- it's easy as pie cake!

"Sin"amon Roll Cake (It's really Cinnamon Roll Cake . . . we've just re-named it!)

Cake:

3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt

1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything for the cake together except for the butter.  Slowly stir in the melted butter and
pour into a greased 9x13 pan. 

For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.  Drop evenly over the batter
and swirl with a knife.  (I used the smallest Pampered Chef cookie scoop to evenly distribute the topping.  I didn't swirl it in -- because i forgot.  If it changed the taste or look -- who knew!  It didn't stop us from devoring the entire cake!)

Bake at 350 for 28--‐32 minutes.  (This is tricky -- you don't want to over-bake, but you don't want the ooey-gooey, half-done cake either!)

Glaze:

2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While the cake is warm from the over, drizzle the glaze over the cake.

Dig in!  While the cake is still warm, enjoy a piece!  You won't be sorry!  Matter of fact, you're going to "Wuv" it!

We found we prefered the cake served warm!  About 15 seconds in the microwave was perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Chicken and Artichoke Casserole

Picture from Cooking with Paula Deen ( . . .and aren't those cute dishes!) We first had this delicious casserole on Mother's Day while feasting at "Dining on Persimmon Hill," which is a restaurant at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, OK.  Side note --- if you have the chance to visit the Museum, please take advantage of the opportunity.  It is a wonderful experience!  And don't forget to eat at the museum restaurant.  It's delish! So back to the casserole.  After eating it we knew we had to find out the recipe!  The owner of the restaurant graciously shared her secret!  It's a Paula Deen; which means it's full of fat AND yummy flavor! This casserole is a hit with my cherubs and the Mr.  Also, whenever I make it for friends, they always want the recipe . . . maybe they're just being nice, I'm not sure!  When you look at the recipe, you might think it's a pain, but really, it is so easy!  Especial