Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Piquant Sauce?"


What is "Piquant Sauce?"

I don't know!

All I know is this:  growing up, whenever we had meatloaf, my mom made "piquant sauce" to put on top of it!

I never hear other people talk about their mom's "piquant sauce."

Think about it!

Do you ever hear,
  • "OH!  I only eat my mom's piquant sauce!"
  • "OH!  They have the BEST piquant sauce ever!"
  • "Excuse me, do you have any piquant sauce?"
  • "You could put some piquant sauce on that -- it'd be great!"
Yeah, me either!

Do you eat piquant sauce?

Have you ever had piquant sauce?

Do you even know what piquant sauce is?

I looked it up!

As in, just today!

As in, just a few minutes ago!

Here are some of the things I found out about "piquant sauce."
  • Piquant sauce is a style of cooking used for rabbit, duck, alligator, chicken and seafood
  • A piquant sauce is a spicy sauce
  • sharp in taste; exciting or interesting
You may be thinking, "Wow!  Her mom is some kind of cook!"

We'll talk about that later!  But for now, let me share with you what I know about "piquant sauce."
  • I don't know 'nuthin' about cooking rabbit, duck or alligator!  I'm only putting this on meatloaf!
  • It is a bit spicy -- but not hot, just a little 'zingy!"
  • It is a bit interesting too.  I don't think I'd go "exciting" but I would say a little sharp in taste
Now you may be wondering how to make this sauce.

Wait no more -- here's the recipe for . . .

Piquant Sauce

3 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry ground mustard
1/4 cup ketchup

Mix all of the ingredients together and pour over the cooked meatloaf or serve along side the meatloaf . . . in case someone isn't up for the "sharp, interesting, and excitingly spicy sauce!"

No comments:

Post a Comment