Skip to main content

Egg Souffle Muffins



Recently, we were a host home for our girls' retreat at church.

Let me translate what that means:

  • I clean like a mad-woman for several days before, as if high school girls are even going to care about what the house looks like!  I spent days thinking through the "snack" menu and what to do for breakfast for them on Saturday, and through it all, the Mr. and my boy cherub leave the nest and are gone the entire time!
So by "we," I mean me!

But it was a GREAT time and I'd do it again!  The girls that were at my house were amazing!

They commented on how good the house smelled . . .which I really have no idea what they were smelling!

And they loved the pancake bar we did on Friday night and the were so appreciative of breakfast!

They also drank a lot of coffee!

Who knew!  I clearly didn't plan well in that area, but that's ok!

Another mom was my co-host.  She was a trooper!

On Friday night, she came over and helped me cook pancakes for the girls.

We had set out butter, syrup, peanut butter, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.

It was fun and the girls devoured their snack!

On Saturday, we served them a wonderful breakfast.

I tried a new recipe.

If you know me, then you know that I think company is a great place to try out a new recipe.

I like to serve egg casseroles, but you know, they always take longer to bake than what the recipe says.

Sometimes the casseroles are a bit watery after they're baked.

And then you have to cut the casserole into servings.

Some people don't like the size of the piece, so they want to cut it smaller.

And some egg casseroles don't cut very pretty.

It can be a little stressful on me!

For the girls, I wanted to make egg casserole muffins.

I thought it would be easier to serve and they would cook a bit easier and more even.

I looked at several recipes, because I knew some of the basic ingredients I wanted to use.

I also didn't want the egg casserole to be to egg-y so that hopefully my boy cherub would eat them.

I know he wasn't with us for breakfast, but I am always searching for something egg-y that he'll eat.

Let me just say, these were a hit!

Every girl commented about how great they were!

Some girls ate two of them.

A few of the girls asked for the recipe to give to their mom.

Two girls asked what kind of bread I used in it.

Guess what!  There's no bread! 

I made these gluten free, of course, but you could easily substitute regular baking mix and have fabulous results, I believe.

While I served these fresh baked to the girls, the few I had left-over reheated perfectly the next morning for my family.

Egg Soufflé Muffins

1/2 cup gluten free baking mix (I used Pamela's, but any would work)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups grated white cheese (I used provolone)
1 container, 16 oz, cottage cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
10 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together, whisking until well incorporated.

Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin 3/4 full.  The ice cream scoop only makes it easier to fill the muffin tin and to get each tin filled with the same amount.

Bake the egg soufflé for 35-40 minutes or until done completely through and golden brown on top.

Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tin.

To remove easier, use a knife to run around the edge of the egg soufflé for easy release.

This recipe would easily adapt to the addition of chopped ham, crumbled bacon, cooked sausage, or diced Canadian bacon.  Also, you could easily add sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, or cooked and diced green peppers, or a small can of diced green chilies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi