Skip to main content

Strawberry Fruit Dip


To try to explain the mach speed we are running right now would be futile!

There is something everyday . . .

and we're trying to cram in great activities before my boy cherub heads off to his first year of college.

There's more about that later, but ultimately, it is such a fun time of life!

Tonight, we are heading over to my mom's house to have dinner.

To make it easier on her, I offered to bring a picnic supper,

which would hopefully make it easier on me.

I'm not too certain that I was successful with that part!

However, when I asked the cherubs and the Mr. what they would like for dessert,

it was clear they had forgotten that time was not readily available!

You should have heard their suggestions!

Needless to say, I made a mental note of what sounded good to them,

and went out on my own!

Since we are deep in the heat of summer, I opted for light and fruit.

There are rare times that my family thinks fruit is a "dessert."

Tonight, though, I force the idea upon them! 

Hee!  Hee!

Along with the pretty bowl of strawberries, I have made a delicious fruit dip.

Super easy.

Super cool.

Super tasty!

Yes, I know there are tons of fruit dips out there.

The problem is this:  I rarely have the "one" ingredient that most call for,

and that's marshmallow fluff.

This dip is absent of the fluff stuff, but isn't absent of the fluff that the fluff stuff fluffs!

OK -- so it's obvious that I didn't do well in poetry OR creative writ
ing in school!

Here's the recipe!

Strawberry Fruit Dip

1, 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/8 tsp. fiori de sicilia OR 1 TBSP grated orange rind
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1, 8oz container cool whip, thawed

In a mixing bowl, place the soft cream cheese and beat until creamy.  Add the fiori de sicilia or the orange rind and the powdered sugar and continue beating until fluffy and well incorporated.

Fold in the cool whip until mixed, being careful not to over-mix the dip.

Place the dip in the refrigerator until ready to serve with fresh strawberries.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Chicken and Artichoke Casserole

Picture from Cooking with Paula Deen ( . . .and aren't those cute dishes!) We first had this delicious casserole on Mother's Day while feasting at "Dining on Persimmon Hill," which is a restaurant at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, OK.  Side note --- if you have the chance to visit the Museum, please take advantage of the opportunity.  It is a wonderful experience!  And don't forget to eat at the museum restaurant.  It's delish! So back to the casserole.  After eating it we knew we had to find out the recipe!  The owner of the restaurant graciously shared her secret!  It's a Paula Deen; which means it's full of fat AND yummy flavor! This casserole is a hit with my cherubs and the Mr.  Also, whenever I make it for friends, they always want the recipe . . . maybe they're just being nice, I'm not sure!  When you look at the recipe, you might think it's a pain, but really, it is so easy!  Especial