Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hot Spiced Cider for One



It's cold outside,

and I'm a little chilly.

I have a headache,

and I have no voice.

It's the holiday season . . .

My Mr. had me meet him outside of Costco.

He bought me 2 gallons of apple juice.

T.W.O. whole gallons!

That's a lot of apple juice!

He thought it would be great for my throat.

What can I say -- I have a thoughtful man!

I can tell you what would actually be good for my throat . . .

about 3 days of nothing to do,

locked up in my house!

THAT would bring healing, I think!

But since that isn't going to happen,

I think I'll do something with my two gallons of apple juice,

to help soothe me very sore throat.

I made a cup of hot spiced cider for one!

Single Serve Hot Spiced Cider

1 cup apple juice
4 whole cloves
2 allspice berries
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon OR 1 cinnamon stick*
1 tsp. brown sugar
a WEE little, entsy, tensy bit of orange flavoring

In a microwave safe mug, add the juice, spices, and sugar.  Heat for 2 minutes.

Remove from microwave, stirring in the WEE little, entsy, tensy bit of orange flavoring.  Stir thoroughly . . .especially if you used the ground cinnamon rather than the cinnamon stick!  That cinnamon is difficult to dissolve!

Let the spices steep as the cider cools to a tolerable temperature for your tongue!  Remove the cloves, allspice berries, and stick cinnamon, if used, before enjoying!  Otherwise, it's a bit bothersome!



*A cinnamon stick would be much better . . . the ground cinnamon doesn't really dissolve that well.  It eventually settles on the bottom of the cup.  

**These amounts were based on my personal preference . . .you adjust as it suites your fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment