Wednesday, January 26, 2011

From "Ho-Hum" to "Oh-Yum!"

Hot Pretzels
I'm one of those that actually like pretzels!  I know they're plain and a little under-rated, but I can't help it; I like them!  So when an old friend gave me this recipe, I knew it would be a winner!  My kids LOVE these and my brother has actually asked for these for Christmas . . .as in a gift!  They're easy and there is no cooking involved.  It turns a great snack into a greater snack!

Donna's Hot Pretzels

1 to 1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or less if you prefer -- 1 1/2 tsp is pretty rockin'!)
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup oil

1 to 2 packages mini pretzels*

Dump the pretzels into a large bowl.  Mix cayenne pepper and next 4 ingredients together.  Pour sauce over the pretzels.  Let set for 2 hours and stir about every 20 minutes (or whenever you remember!)

*We prefer this recipe with one bag of pretzels -- if I use 2 bags then I double the sauce ingredients; we like a more zesty pretzel.  However, I don't double the cayenne.  It makes it too hot for my kiddos.  I only use 1 tsp. of the pepper!

Gotta go stir my pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment