Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy Days . . . Easy Dinners

I haven't cooked dinner since last week!

Doesn't mean we haven't eaten at home.

Just means I haven't cooked anything that makes sense!

With the end of school just around the corner -- as in next week

and baseball games

and VBS meetings

and dance practices,

it's been a little hairy!

Today is no different.

I'm tired of eating weird things on the run (like pita chips and hummus or cereal or sandwiches!)

so I pulled out the crockpot for an easy dinner tonight.

If I remember to snap a picture before we run out the door, I'll show you how yummy this is.

If I forget, just trust me!

Cheesy Chicken in the Crockpot

4-6 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
2 cans cream of chicken soup*
1 can cheese soup
a bit of garlic powder
egg noodles

Place chicken, soups, and garlic powder in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until done.
Shred chicken with 2 forks while still in the crock. 
Cook desired amount of egg noodles and drain.
Serve shredded cheesy chicken over noodles.

If you have time, throw some veggies or a salad with it and make it a compete meal -- if not, dump your noodles and chicken in a bowl and scarf it down before you run out the door, like we'll be doing tonight!

**I use the 98% fat free soups and they work fine in the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment