Monday, May 13, 2013

Coffee Crusted Steak



This was my Mother's Day lunch.

I say "my" because we each had different stuff.

It was like being at a restaurant but it was at home.

It was so fun!

On Saturday, we went to one of our favorite grocery stores . . .

yes, we have a "favorite" grocery store!

We decided to have corn on the cob, a salad, and gluten-free cornbread.

Then, we headed to the meat market and we all picked out whatever kind of meat/fish/chicken we wanted to grill.

I picked a filet.

I never pick a filet.

Ever.

But it just looked good!

It's amazing that fresh, red, uncooked meat can look good!

I asked for the smallest cut, because I'm not a steak eater.

At lunch, I was so sad I hadn't asked for a bigger steak.

It was perfection!

Pure perfection!

Matter of fact, it was the hit of the lunch table.

The Mr. and the cherubs were so envious of my creation!
I love being a mother!

Coffee-Crusted Steak

1 favorite cut of steak
Sea Salt
Fresh ground pepper
Coffee grounds (I used decaf, Texas pecan . . .my favorite)


Preheat grill.

In a shallow dish, I put about equal amounts of salt, pepper, and coffee.  Stir to mix.

Using your hands, firmly press every inch of the steak into the seasoning mixture:  top, bottom, and sides.

Place steak on the grill and cook to desired doneness.  Turning as few times as possible.

Allow steak to rest before cutting.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment