Monday, May 20, 2013

Vanilla Sugar Cookies



These are baseball cookies and bats that were ordered for a baby shower.

I know I've said it before; I just L.O.V.E. decorated sugar cookies.

I'm not sure that there's anything better!

This is one of my favorite sugar cookie recipes because it's so stinking easy!

I was going to post a link to the blog where you could find the recipe . . .

then discovered that I had never posted the recipe!

That's unbelievable!

Whether you make a plain cookie and frost it with store bought frosting, or you whip up some royal icing and make a masterpiece, you won't be disappointed with this cookie!

Vanilla Sugar Cookies

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
1 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place the flour in a food processor and add the butter.  Pulse the mixture until it resembles fine bread crumbs.

Add the sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla and process until you have a smooth dough.

That's it!  You're done!

Wrap the dough in cling wrap and chill until ready to use.

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and, using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes.  Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet, or a cookie sheet lined with a silpat.  Bake until pale golden brown.  Do not over-bake!  This is critical!  Your baking time will depend on how thick you roll the cookie dough.

Allow to cool completely before decorating.

**I roll the dough out and cut the shapes right after I make the dough.  I then place the shapes on the cookie sheet and freeze.  When I'm ready to bake the cookies, I remove the pan from the freezer while the oven heats up.  I roll my dough about 1/2 thick (or more . . .depending on the shape and size).  I bake the cookies about 9 minutes.  Again, this depends on size and thickness.



No comments:

Post a Comment