Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cuban Pork

The Mr. had a birthday last week.

At our house, when it's your birthday, you get to pick your birthday meal.

But it's the Mr.

He usually doesn't have a preference.

So I picked his birthday meal.

When I told him, he whinned like a 2 year old that it was "his" birthday meal.

"He" gets to pick!

Really!  Because I had a good  birthday meal all picked out for the Mr.

But NOOOOOOO!

He gets to pick!

He picked his usual:

Creamy Poblano Chicken over Cornwaffles with a salad and blackberry cobbler.

But I hate making blackberry cobbler the way he likes it.

And since his birthday, I've sworn off making anymore cobblers the way he likes cobblers.

Let me make cobblers they way I know how and lets all be happy!

There!

That feels better!

So, since I didn't get to make the Mr. the birthday meal I was going to make for him on his birthday,

I made it a different day.

It was so yummy!

It smelled so great cooking.

And tasted so great too!

Cuban Pork

1 pork tenderloin
1/4 container of frozen orange juice (I just scooped out a frozen amount . . .no need to defrost)
10 cloves of garlic
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 TBSP lime juice
1 tsp. adobo seasoning
1 tsp. black pepper

Place all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or until done. 

Take 2 forks to shred the pork and serve over rice and black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment