Friday, March 4, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls and Mom!

I love to read The Pioneer Woman.  She's so creative in her writing style, she gives good recipes, and she's down right funny!  Not too long ago I heard somebody say that her cinnamon rolls were the best.  As you know, we're always on a quest for good cinnamon rolls.  The problem is that I'm afraid of yeast!  That's right!  I have a fear of yeast -- I don't know what to do with it!  I don't know how to make good bread! 

Yeast has a hold on me!

It makes me feel like a failure!

But I try to overcome my fear and occasional try something with yeast in it.  After all, I keep a fresh jar of yeast in my refrig. just for the instances when I get an urge to try and conquer the dreaded yeast recipe!

I read The Pioneer Woman's recipe for cinnamon rolls . . . and I thought to myself, "I can do this!"

I thought that the other day . . .

I thought it the day after that . . .

I thought it yesterday . . .

 . . .and today I gave in!

I made cinnamon rolls from scratch!  I made nearly 5 dozen rolls and I think they're pretty darn yummy!  I wasn't even afraid of the yeast!

It took all day -- well, sort of -- but it was worth it!

Guess what I did!

The Mr. was gone again tonight, so I poured 3 ice cold cups of milk, got 3 forks, and the "runt" pan of the cinnamon rolls that were still warm and flowing with yummy icing, and I sat that pan in the middle of the kid's table and we ate cinnamon rolls for dinner while we watched an old episode of The Cosby's!



 . . .and this made us smile!


Life is good and I'm a cool mom!

If you want to enjoy a great cinnamon roll and conquer your fear of yeast, go to http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ and search her site for cinnamon rolls.  The recipe is posted under June 1, 2007 and up will pop her delicious recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment