Monday, May 14, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash

A while ago we tried another new veggie at our house.

Butternut squash.

Oh, I may have had butternut squash a long time ago.

I don't remember.

But this! 

This, I remember!

We all loved it!

The Mr., the two cherubs and me!

You know what I cant' stand?

When I make a veggie that we all like and there isn't enough!
That's what I hate!

The most difficult thing about this vegetable is cutting the stinkin' squash.

It's tough.

If things like this frustrate you -- buy it already cut up.

You can do that, you know.

I don't.

I can't bring myself to splurge that way.

One of these days -- I'm going to!

Just for the heck of it!

I'll liberate myself that way!

But until then, I'll deal with the tough peel.

Is that what you call the outside of a squash?

"Peel?"

Roasted Butternut Squash

1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a bowl, place the cubed squash.  Drizzle -- just a drizzle; enough to slightly coat, the squash with the olive oil.

Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.  Under-do your seasonings; you can always add additional seasoning at the table.  Nothing is worse than too salty roasted veggies!

With your hands, toss the squash with all of this goodness.

Dump onto a foil lined pan and place in the oven and roast until fork tender and a bit caramelized in color; about 15-25 minutes.   (It really depends on how large the cubed pieces are!)


No comments:

Post a Comment