Skip to main content

Grilled Chicken Marinade

 
 
It's kind of gone from beautiful Spring to hot Summer in just a matter of days.

Regardless if you love the heat of the Summer or the perfect-ness of the Spring, you usually think G.R.I.L.L!

We love to grill at our house.

The Mr. is the master of the grill!

I love that the whole meal can be cooked outside.

When we grill, we cook a lot of chicken.

That's because grilled chicken is one of my favorites.

I try a lot of different marinades and this one is simple and good.

It comes from a cookbook from my mom's work. 

These kinds of cookbooks are some of my favorites -- they're tried and true recipes!

With so many marinades on the market -- you may wonder why make your own?

Because it's cheaper.  

Simple.

Marinades are a simple concoction of ingredients -- usually things you've already got in your kitchen pantry.

Your investment of cost when you make it at home is so much cheaper than buying a bottle of it from the store.

The next time you grill, try this recipe and see what you think!

Chicken Marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. chopped ginger (or ground ginger)
1/4 tsp. chopped garlic (or garlic powder)

Place all of the ingredients in a gallon sized zip lock bag.  Seal the top and smoosh together to mix. 
 
Add in chicken (I use about 3 pounds of chicken for this amount), smoosh some more to cover the chicken.
 
Allow to marinate for as long as you can stand it -- over night, if desired.
 
Grill as usual.
 
Speaking of marinating over-night.  Here's one of my tricks.  When I purchase chicken, I come home and divide it into gallon sized bags, according to desired portions.  I then pour whatever marinades or seasonings I want into each bag. 
 
Seal them up and mark on the front what it is.  For example, "1 1/2 lbs. b/s chicken breasts w/easy marinade." 
 
Place them in the freezer until needed.  This way; the meat marinades as it's freezing and again while thawing out.  It's perfectly easy!
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi