We all have quirks.
Some have more than others.
Some bother me more than others--
Quirks, that is, not people.
OK, maybe people too.
But I've been thinking of things that drive me crazy.
Things that really shouldn't matter.
But they do.
- people who go in the "out" door; that's why they're marked.
- people who go out the "in" door; reading is fundamental -- let's try it.
- people who are using the wrong door, but expect me to hold the door open for them; I'm opening the door, so I can get out of your way!
- people who are texting while they're driving; there's not even a comment for this, except STOP!
- people who choose to smoke right outside the doors of a place of business; if I wanted to inhale smoke, I'd get some cigerretes.
- people who don't use the bar-seperator-thingy at the grocery store checkout -- keeping our items a safe distance from each other; it's just courtesy for the clerk -- come on! Let's help out!
- people who walk into a store and stop in the middle of the enterance while they take off their sunglasses, put their keys away, or try to remember why they came to the store; get organized someplace else!
- people at the grocery store who walk in the smack middle of the aisle -- I just want to scream, "IT'S LIKE A STREET, EVERYBODY STAY ON THE CORRECT SIDE AND THINGS WILL MOVE SMOOTHLY!"
- parents who try to negotiate with a 3 year old, who's pitching a fit because they're not getting their way; are you going to do this when they're 16?
- parents who keep repeatedly say to their kids, "If you don't stop, I'm gonna . . . " Really? Because you're not my mom and I've already got you figured out too!
- used tissue left in the pockets of clothing that gets washed; I don't even want to touch your clean snot rag.
- wal-mart; like the whole store.
What's your "thing?"