Sometimes you need a quick dessert.
You don't have the time, interest, or necessarily the ingredients to make something from scratch.
And let's face it; sometimes the people you are cooking for can't tell the difference anyway -- so save your time and go with something easy!
The Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix is a great mix to have on hand. They're about 2.00, normally, but you can find them on sale for 1.00.
That's when to stock up on a few to have on-hand.
The purpose of the cookie mix is to simplify the way you improve it.
We'll take the mix and use as the base, and then add flavorings, mix-ins, and such and come up with a semi-homemade cookie!
Sandra Lee has made a whole cooking show about this!
1 Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 TBSP flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, and flavoring of choice in a bowl. With a mixer, blend everything together. If your mix seems a little dry, add just a smidge more of the flavoring or a smidge of milk.
Stir in desired mix-ins.
Scoop by tablespoonful and bake 8-11 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
Allow to cool 3 minutes on baking pan before transferring to cooling rack.
*Combination suggestions (or anything else that floats your boat!):
- 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 tsp. fiori di sicilia, 1/3 cup dried craisins, 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 cup m&m's
- 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/3 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla-nut, 1/3 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 1/3 cup toasted, slivered, and chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped