Saturday, August 25, 2012

Meaty Morning Muffins


Say that 3 times fast!

Meaty morning muffins.
Meaty morning muffins.
Meaty morning muffins!

Finding something different for breakfast is always my quest.

I don't like sending the cherubs off to school without a descent breakfast.

It must be how I was raised.

Umm . . .I don't remember that!

Which is my point! 

I don't remember what my mom fed me for breakfast when I was in school .  . .
and my cherubs won't remember either.

So why do I worry about it?

I have NO IDEA!

But I do!

So!  Because I do -- you get to have a new recipe to try!

That was good for something!

Morning Muffins

4 slices bacon
2 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP wheat germ
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 cup creamed corn
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup oil.

Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan.

Mix dry ingredients together.  In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.  Make a well in the center of the dry and slowly pour the wet ingredients.  Mix until just blended -- don't over mix.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Meaty morning muffins? Count me in! Your “cherubs” are so lucky to have you serving them breakfasts that are quite nutritious and delicious, and comes with a great selection. Thanks for always sharing them with us!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry

    ReplyDelete