Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vanilla Pudding

You'll never go back after making your own . . .
ok, maybe in a pinch, but not very often!
I love pudding.

But you know what I really love?

Warm pudding.

Weird.

I know.

Blame it on my mom.

Or my dad.

I remember eating pudding warm when I was a kid.

Specifically, banana pudding.

Without the bananas.

That's how my dad liked it.

Without the bananas.

Weird.

I know.

Blame it on . . .

Forget it -- go make some pudding.

And eat it warm!


Homemade Vanilla Pudding

3/4 cup sugar
4 TBSP cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP vanilla

Combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a pan.

Whisk in the milk and egg yolks.  Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until thickened . . .kind of like the pudding you would make if it were from a box.  You'll know what it should look like!

Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla.  Whisk until the butter is melted.

Serve warm, if you're daring!

Otherwise, place in a bowl and gently cover the top of the pudding with saran wrap, or the like product.  That prevents "pudding skin" from forming while the pudding cools!

No comments:

Post a Comment