Friday, June 8, 2012

BBQ Pork Sauce-ish

I don't even know what to call this post.

It goes with the pork that I made the other night --

before I made the cowboy nacho stuff . . .

but after I roasted the pork.

I made this sauce to put on the meat.

I didn't want to put BBQ sauce, but I wanted a little something to keep the meat tasty and not to get dried out when I was re-heating.

I found this on the world wide web.

I'd give credit to the rightful owner and inventor but  I don't even know where I looked to find this secret recipe!

The only reason I can repost this is because I'm lazy . . .

but it saves me!
I'm lazy in that:  when I find a recipe on line that I want to make,

I take a picture of the recipe on my computer screen with my smart phone and I carry my smart phone into the kitchen so that I don't have to keep running back to my computer.

Enough about how weird I can be -- here's the sauce.

This is a very thin, flavorful sauce to pour over your pork or beef.

BBQ Sauce-ish

1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup very hot water
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP paprika
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. cayenne, if desired

Combine hot water and brown sugar.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Combine the remaining ingredients and stir well. 

Pour desired amount over cooked meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment