Skip to main content

Roasted Pork Loin


Remember the cowboy nachos from the other night?

I used left-over pork loin from a previous meal.

I actually love roasting meat.

To be truthful, I'm not sure that I'm roasting the meat at all -- I just like the way I cook meat in the oven.

It's kind of fool proof.

It always turns out juicy and amazing.

I'd use the word "moist" -- but I have a friend that reads this and she can't stand the word "moist."

So I won't say the meat is "moist," I'll say it's "tender and juicy."

I think that's the same as "moist!"

Anyway -- I do beef and pork the same way.

All I do is change the seasoning.

This time, I used the seasoning from Goya, called Sazonador Total.  I found it on the ethnic aisle.  I didn't know anything about it.  I just thought, "that's something new to try."

And guess what!

We love it.

We love it on meat.

We love it on corn.

We love it on other stuff too.

I just can't remember what all we love it on.

Here's how I do it:

Roasted Pork Loin

1 pork loin, or roast, or whatever you want to do
Seasoning of your choice.  (Sazonador Total, Adobo, Salt/Pepper, etc., etc., etc)
Oil
foil (I use heavy duty)

Preheat oven to 425.

In a pan large enough to hold the cut of meat you'll be cooking (use a pan that has a lid to go with it), pour a small amount of oil in the pan, to coat evenly and well, but remember, we're not frying! 

Heat the oil on top of the stove.

In the meantime, coat the meat with your seasoning of choice.  Pat down the seasoning on the meat -- to make it stick!

Take the meat and place it in the very hot pan.  It should really sizzle.

Cook until there is a nice crust formed on one side, but don't feel like you're cooking the meat.   You're simply creating a crust to seal in the juices.

Flip the meat over and repeat on the other side. 

If you're really ambitious . . .and I usually am . . .I do the same thing to the sides and the ends.  But you don't have to.  I don't think it really makes a difference.  I'm just weird.

Remove the pan from the stove.  Leave the meat in the pan and with a large piece of foil, cover the pan, crimping around the edges to make a tight seal.  Place the lid over the foil . . .so there's no escaping of anything!

Place the foil crimped, tight-lidded pan in the oven.  Bake for 45 minutes at 425, then reduce the heat significantly to 250.  Allow the meat to cook 2-4 hours, depending on the size of meat you are cooking.  Obviously, if you're cooking a 10 pound roast, you'll need to go even longer . . but you get the idea!

If you're really desiring perfection, use a meat thermometer . . .otherwise, go with it!  I haven't served a raw piece of meat yet!

This creates a moist juicy and tender meat!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi