Skip to main content

Inside Game Day!

YEAH!  We've had another snow day! 

These are things we love about snow days!

  • No school (or homework) (This was from Jackson!)
  • Being with my parents (This was from MadisonGrace!)
  • Staying up late
  • Waking up without an alarm clock
  • Not prepared to do "big" projects at home
  • Playing games with family
  • No schedule
  • Having a break in the routine
  • P.J.'s
  • Watching the news to see our school scroll across the bottom
We are a game playing family and we have several that are our favorites!  But Krazy Bee Rummy is tops at our house!  This game has 14 steps and is easy to start and stop depending on what's going on.  It'll drive you crazy when you get stuck and you're lovin' it when you're the first to lay down and you skunk everyone else!  It's a game that causes a real "love/hate" relationship!  We've had this game for more than 25 years and a man from Midwest City, OK created it.  Last time I checked, you could still order it!  I'm posting the info just in case any of you are looking for a new game.  Some have told us this is like Phase 10 -- but I'm sure this is better -- this is Krazy Bee Rummy!

To order the game, contact B & B Games, Inc., P.O. Box 10361, Midwest City, OK 73140

I would have posted some pictures of what we did today -- but we're all in the same jammies from yesterday  . . .and the day before . . . and I didn't want you all to get confused about what day it is -- like I am!



OK -- so after I posted, we played another family fav; it's called "Wahoo!"  It's a dice and marble game and you move around a board and try to get in your home.  It would remind you of Trouble -- kind of, but way more fun because it's "Wahoo!"  Think how many times you can say that while playing the game!  It's an old game that's been around forever!  I know  there are real boards you can buy, but we have our board, thanks to my dad! 

One Christmas, my dad made "Wahoo" boards for everyone!  It was a perfect Christmas gift!  During December, I'd call home to talk to my parents and I'd ask my mom, "What's dad doin'?"  She'd say, "He's down in the shop makin' your Christmas present!"  It became a running joke that whole month!  I couldn't imagine what my dad was drummin' up for me that year . . .but I was thrilled to see a game board instead of a microwave cart, or something like that!  Now, that tells you how long ago my dad did this!  Anyway, the hours he spent making the boards have given us more fun than we can imagine!  Thanks, Dad!  I love you!

Our Wahoo board from dad!


YEAH!  Dad didn't roll a "2"

"Yes!"  We sent dad home!
Snowy days and games is where it's at!  Wahoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charleston's Style Potato Soup

Love Charleston's! Love everything I ever eat at Charleston's. Love the blackened fish sandwich, which isn't listed on the menu but you can still order it, with glazed carrots. Love the carrots! Love the chicken fingers;  the best there are!  I rarely order them -- because it's not a healthy choice, but oh boy!  They're delish! Love the honey glazed croissant. L.O.V.E! Love the pork chops with smashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Love the potato soup! Seriously adore it! It's thick. It's simple. It's delicious! We don't have a Charleston's where we live. Boo hoo! Here's a close replica of Charleston's baked potato soup.  I found it at www.tastebook.com   I made some adjustments to the recipe.  Not because I think I "know," but because I didn't have everything on hand nor can my sweet girl cherub have some of the ingredients.  I made it and didn't tell my family what it was su

Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup

 I've been to eat at Neiman Marcus one time. It was really good! "Everyone" talks about the Neiman Marcus cafe and the things they love from there. Because I've only been once, my variety of selection is limited! However, I have had lunch with friends that serve this Neiman Marcus soup recipe. It is so delicious that I wanted to pass it along to you! If your weather is like our weather, one day you're making soup and the next your grilling out! But because these are simple ingredients, you'll be able to throw it together in a moments notice! Neiman Marcus' Chicken Tortilla Soup 3-4 chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (or whole chicken;  cooked & shredded) olive oil 1 c onion, chopped 1 c bell pepper, chopped 1 c celery, chopped 1 c carrots, chopped 1/2 T minced garlic 2 t cumin 2 t coriander 1 t paprika 1 t red chili powder 1 T oregano 1/2 t cayenne (adjust to your taste) 1 28-oz can diced to

Creamy Poblano Chicken Dinner

Picture used from "My Recipes.com" My picture didn't look nearly as appetizing! We've been eating this since the late 90's. Oh man!  That sounds like we're really old! This is one of those fantastic Southern Living Recipes that looks really hard, sounds really gourmet-ish, and is so easy! Whenever the Mr. requests his birthday dinner, it's always this meal! He had his 43rd birthday yesterday! To go along with his new "older" age, we recently counted the number of doctors he has. Yes, doctors! Right now in life, it's not his social outlet to visit these physicians on a regular basis . .  .but none-the-less, he has a well-rounded network of doctors that can take care of any need of his, ranging from his head to his toes. What a treat it is to get older. But with getting older comes this meal! Serve this with a green salad and dessert and you'll be the hit of the party! Creamy Poblano Chi